Ingredients: 1 Litre full-fat milk, 2-3 tbsp fresh lime juice or vinegar, 1 cup sugar, 3 cups water, 1 tbsp pistachios, 200 gms rabri, 50 gms pistachio paste, 1 gm saffron.
- First, make chenna. After the chenna has drained of extra moisture for about 30 minutes, give it a whiz in a blender or mixer to make it smooth and let out more water.
- Remove and knead well for 3 minutes. Make smooth balls out of chenna easily.
- If not, knead for a bit longer. The size of the rasgulla will double on cooking in sugar syrup, so remember to make smaller to begin with.
- Add the sugar and water to your pressure cooker and bring to boil. Mix well for the sugar to dissolve, lower the heat to very low and add the rasgulla balls gently into the syrup.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook without whistle for about 7-8 minutes on medium-low flame.
- Turn off heat and wait for 5 minutes before opening the cooker lid. You’ll find spongy rasgulla that’s doubled in size.
- Divide rabri in two bowls and mix in pistachio paste in one bowl and saffron in another bowl.
- Soak in the rasgulla in these rabri mixes and serve cold with chopped nuts on top.