Ingredients: 4 cup whole milk, 3 Tbsp lemon juice, 3 Tbsp fine sugar, 1/4 tsp cardamom, 6 slice pineapple (canned), 2 Tbsp sliced pistachios (for garnishing).
- Making Paneer: Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- As the milk comes to a boil, add lemon juice and stir the milk gently. The curd will start separating from the whey, turn off the heat.
- Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using a strainer line with cheesecloth, or muslin cloth.
- Wrap the curds in a muslin cloth, rinse under cold water, and squeeze well.
- Making Sandesh: Once the paneer is drained, place on a dry, clean surface and knead the paneer until the paneer is almost rolls into smooth soft dough.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder into the paneer and knead the paneer again until sugar is mixed well. This paneer is known as Sandesh.
- Spread the pineapple slices on a dry surface and pat dry using the muslin cloth or paper towel.
- Spread the Sandesh covering the pineapple slices evenly and garnish with slice pistachios. You can cut them in half semi-circles or full circles.
- Refrigerate the Sandesh for about 1 hour before serving. Pineapple Sandesh taste best when it is served chilled. Refrigerating the Sandesh also helps to set over pineapple.