Apple kheer is a delicious milk based dessert that can be enjoyed during Navratri fasts.
Ingredients: 2 Apples, 1/2 cup basmati rice (boiled), 50 gm nuscovado sugar (you can also use normal sugar), 60 gms cashew nuts and almonds, 1 Cassia bark or cinnamon stick, red grapes for garnishing.
- Chop 2 apples in cubes and put them in saffron infused milk.
- Cook to slightly soften the apples.
- Add 4 tsp brown sugar, 1 cassia bark /cinnamon stick and some cashew nuts and almonds.
- Bring it to a slow boil.
- After some time, add half cup of boiled rice and 2 green cardamoms.
- Turn down the heat and let the kheer simmer.
- Garnish it with slices of red grapes and serve.