Ingredients: ½ cup kuttu flour, ½ cup curd, 1 cubed and boiled potato, ½ inch ginger (peeled and grated), ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder, Rock Salt to taste, handful of pomegranate (anaar), vrat special saunth chutney (tangy tamarind chutney).
- Make vrat-special saunth chutney in advance (Please see below).
- Knead dough with kuttu flour, some salt and 1 teaspoon oil.
- Roll thin rotis out of the dough, part by part. Place a small bowl upside down on the rolled roti and cut out smaller papdi-sized rotis out of it.
- Bake the mini rotis for 20 minutes at 180 degrees in the oven to make papdis.
- Place kuttu papdis in a large bowl and top them with curd, chutney, some salt, chopped boiled potatoes and cumin seeds powder. Garnish with ginger peels and pomegranate pearls.
Recipe for Vrat Special Saunth Chutney
Ingredients: 1/2 Cup Imli (tamarind, tightly packed) 3/4 Cup Gur (jaggery, broken), 2 tsp Sendha namak (white rock salt), 1 tsp Kala namak (black rock salt powdered), 1 tsp Saunth ( powdered red dry ginger), 1/4 tsp Kali mirch (powdered black pepper), 1/4 tsp Chilli powder, 1 tsp Chaat masala (vrat).
- Soak tamarind in water till soft and pulpy.
- Strain and add enough water to make it into a pouring consistency.
- Add rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat till it thickens.
- Cool and serve.