Paneer is an incredible source of protein. It is very filling on stomach, so you are much less likely to get inclined towards heavy and greasy food, which could prevent excessive weight gain. Consuming good quality protein also helps check cravings and regulate hunger hormone “Ghrelin”. Paneer is very low in carbohydrates and very low in calories too.
Ways to include more Paneer in your diet
- Raw cube of cottage cheese is one of the best ways to yield good quality protein. If the plain taste bores you, mix it up with chaat masala.
- Homemade Paneer Paranthas made with bare minimum oil could turn out to be an ideal dish. Ditch pickles and pair it with soothing raita for a wholesome and healthy meal.
- Mash Paneer Sandwich with Masalas of your choice. Take a bread slice, place some paneer on top of it, throw in some lettuce or tomatoes and seasonings, cover with another bread slice and grill.
- Tossing in Salads and Chaats can also be done. Savour some fresh paneer cubes with sprouts, chopped tomatoes and a bit of chaat masala. You can add in some boiled corns in place of sprouts.
- Homemade pizza made with whole wheat base, topped with a host of herbs, veggies and cubes of raw paneer turns out to be an awesome dish.