It is very important to include fresh fruits and vegetables in diet when considering Weight Loss. They are rich in fibre, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
Reasons behind this Soup for being Weight Loss Friendly
Low in calories: Both carrots and tomatoes are very low in calories.
Rich in fibre: Carrots contain dietary fibres that can help bolster heart health and aid weight loss. Tomatoes contain a good amount of fibre too.
Ingredients: 1/2 kg tomatoes, 200 gram carrot, 2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper, 1 tsp sugar (optional), grated carrot for garnishing.
- Chop the tomatoes and carrots. Boil them in a pan, partially covered with 1 cup water and salt.
- When it starts boiling, lower the heat and simmer till the vegetables are completely cooked through.
- Cool and pass through a soup strainer or blend in a blender and then strain.
- Add water to make up to 4 1/2 cups of liquid. Put on the flame and bring to a boil and simmer.
- Add the sugar and the pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with carrots.